Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The wait is over...well almost!!

We had our last ultrasound this morning. It went ok. She was sleeping so they had to wake her up. The device they use looks and sounds like a fog horn. They put it right up to your belly. Well lets just say Miss Harli does NOT appreciate being woken up!!! It completely startled her! Kory said he could see my stomach move. They had to do it again because then she stopped moving. Well the second time she definitely gave them what they wanted because she would not stop moving! The ultrasound started with me almost passing out. I was on my back and I all of a sudden got real hot and the room started getting dark. I had to sit up and take a drink of water. That just made me feel off for the rest of the appt. I also felt very apprehensive going into the appt. They did a Bio-Physical Profile which she got 8 out of 8 on, so that is good. She only gained 1oz in two weeks…that is NOT good. She is supposed to gain 1/2lb per week. She currently weighs 5lbs 12oz. The doctors are going to go over all tests they did today and decide whether or not they should take her before Tuesday. As the ultrasound tech said “There’s no reason to keep her in there since she isn’t gaining any weight”. She would gain more being outside, in the NICU, and getting breast milk. So we are just waiting to hear back from the doctor. I took the news really hard. I kept it together until we got to the car and then I just lost it. I think it was a combination of hormones, almost passing out, and knowing that she isn’t growing that just set me off. Kory kept telling me to focus on the positive and reminded me that we are almost done. I know that he was only trying to help but at that time I just wanted to cry and be alone. I know that God will make sure everything is ok but I just wanted to have a good appt because I feel like each drs appt we have there is a new complication.

Around 2p this afternoon, my doctor called to go over the findings of the ultrasound. She said that Baby Madson simply doesn't have any room left in there. So....drum roll please....we are having Baby Madson TOMORROW!!!! The doctor doesn't forsee her having to be in the NICU. She might have fluid in her lungs but that is common with babies that are breech. So Baby Madson is just going to be a small little thing but as far as they can see she is very healthy. Kory and I are excited and nervous. I thought we were prepared but then being told you're going to be a parent in twelve (ok a little more than that) hours definitely changes things. I know that everything is packed and we are ready to go. It just seems so weird that the time is finally here! We will keep everyone posted after she is born and try to send some photos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment