Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day



Harli had a WONDERFUL first St Patrick's Day. This is one of my favorite holidays...mainly because I'm Irish, but it was also my grandfather's favorite holiday. Harli and I started our day with breakfast at CJ's with Carly and Ellie. Ellie is one month older than Harli. Of course, CJ's was for Carly and I, but we thought we should introduce the girls to the wonderful world of CJ's at a young age. After breakfast, we headed downtown for the St Patrick's Day parade. We thought it was going to be an hour long parade (I couldn't quite remember the duration because the last time I went we had started celebrating at 7a!). We were wrong! An hour and forty-five minutes later, the parade finally ended. The girls took a nap towards the end of the parade. Ellie stayed asleep, but Harli was worried she would miss something so she only took a fifteen minute nap. The girls each caught a few beads and they were pretty happy about it. After waiting in line in the parking garage for forty-five minutes, we headed home for a nap. It was a great St Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment