Saturday, August 22, 2009

Practice run in Labor & Delivery

Baby Madson thought she should be born on August 20th. At 630a, I started having cramping. Each minute it got worse. I figured I'd go into work and hope it got better. Around 815a I was in enough pain that I thought it validated a call to the dr. They had me come in right away. I called Kory on my way and told him he needed to meet me at the dr's office because something was happening. We get to the dr and the cramping is getting worse and I was now feeling contractions. These were not the fun Braxton Hicks contractions that are not painful. They were full on contractions with lots of pain. My feet and hands were also EXTREMELY swollen. My feet were pouring out of my shoes. The dr did an exam and found that nothing was progressing (which was very good) but they had to figure out why I was still have contractions. They ran some tests and hooked me up to a monitor. I had a severe bladder infection, which was causing some of the contractions. The monitor showed that Baby Madson's movement was causing contractions also. The dr came in and said we were headed to Labor & Delivery. Kory asked what the worse case senerio was and the dr said "Your daughter is born today". So we head to Labor & Delivery and get hooked up to more monitors. The contractions were getting worse. After monitoring them for an hour, they finally decided the safest option would be to try and stop the contractions. So they gave me an injection and said the contractions would stop soon. We were sent home and told to stick to bedrest until all my test results were back. Friday, my dr called to tell me the main test they need to come back was negative. This meant I would not deliver in the next two weeks. She said to limit my activities the remainder of the pregnancy and to make sure and test it easy. I can go back to work on Monday. Kory and I had a little chat with Baby Madson and let her know that she grounded to the inside world for at least 6 weeks. Ever since our fun filled adventure on Thursday, Baby Madson has had a full on dance party. She has not taken too much of a break from said dance party. As our friend Katie said, "She is done in there!" We are just hoping that she stays put for at least six more weeks. We would like to her to stay put until she is 40 weeks, but we highly doubt that will happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment