Thursday, April 8, 2010

Goodbye spit up...

We took Harli to the doctor the beginning of the week because she till had a cough and her spitting up was getting worse (not sure how that was possible). Dr Fackrell said that the amoxicilin got rid of the ear infection and cold, however it made the spitting up worse. Since she was spitting up so much it was causing more acid in her throat causing her to cough. She is now spitting up stomach bile. Our poor little girl!! This still hasn't phased her because she is still a completely happy baby. She is now on Zantac twice a day. When I left the doctor and called Kory to give him the full report I told him Harli was being put on Zanax (the sames are WAY too similar). He replied "I'm pretty sure you mean Zantac. Zanax is for anxiety disorders." I'm pretty sure he would like me to be on Zanax so I mellowed out a little bit!! :-) We are only on day 2 of the medicine so we haven't seen a whole lot of progress. We'll see what next week brings.

Harli has slept through the night the last three nights. We're hoping she will stick with it. We have started giving her a late bottle (8p or 9p) and that helps get her through until 630a or 7a. I think it is helping now that she is getting three meals with rice cereal; two of which she gets vegetables. We are back to rice cereal because she didn't really care for the oatmeal cereal. She has tried carrots and decided those were pretty tasty. Now we are on to green beans...YUM!! Today was her first day of green beans and so far so good. I'm hoping she isn't a picky eater like a certain someone I know...no, not Kory. The one thing I won't feed her is peas. I can not stand them, Kory can not stand them, so I have decided that Harli can not stand them.

1 comment:

  1. I also hate peas, so I said I wasn't going to give them to Chloe. But then daycare did, and giving her carrots, grean beans and sweet potatoes got old real fast, so we did eventually do some peas. She'll only eat them now if they're mixed with something else like carrots, so apparently she decided she hated them as well!!

    Hope the Zantac works for Harli!!

    ReplyDelete