Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Half way there already


I am officially half way there! The weeks are going by so quickly. According to thebump.com, Baby Madson is the size of a cantaloupe (that seems pretty big to me). What's Baby Madson up to this week you ask? Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed! Doesn't that sound exciting? :-)

I have been feeling Baby Madson moving more and more each day. Kory isn't able to feel the baby from the outside but should be able to in the coming weeks. It always catches me guard, but it's the greatest feeling! This weekend the dogs gave me a sneak peek of what no sleeping through the night is going to be like. Kory was out of town with this friends for Boys' Weekend so he was lucky enough to miss out on this sneak peek! Buddy does not appreciate thunderstorms and informed me of this every 5 or so minutes during the night on Friday and Saturday. Baby Madson, on the other hand, moves like crazy when its storming.

Kory surprised me yesterday with the baby's furniture! He went and picked it up and put it all together for me. I was running late and walked into the spare bedroom and there it was! It was the greatest surprise! It definitely made my day...ok month! He definitely got brownie points for this one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment