Friday, June 5, 2009

Yup...this is definitely our baby!!

Today, I had another monthly check-up. Baby Madson thought it would be fun to kick the doppler and then hide so the nurse couldn't find the heartbeat. This game went on for about a minute, but then s/he chose to play nice and let us listen. This baby is already acting like Kory and I!! Baby Madson's heartbeat was nice and strong at 148. The monthly check-ups are pretty low key. The nurse listens for the heartbeat and the dr asks if Kory or I have any questions. This time I had to write down my questions so I remembered what I wanted to ask. With Kory not being there, I knew I would forget what I wanted to ask. Kory and I wanted to know when we should be taking the Childbirth and Breastfeeding classes offered at the hospital. Dr Shaw (the best dr in the world!!) said waiting until the third trimester was perfectly fine. We were nervous and thought we were behind. Dr Shaw said that would be a good time to take the hospital tour as well. I did forget to ask when we should start looking into finding a pediatrician. Pregnancy brain is in full swing, that's for sure! We have the ultrasound on June 19th and will see the dr again on July 6th. Four weeks in between appts is a long time, thankfully this time we can see/hear the baby in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment