Monday, July 13, 2009

6 months - 105 days...oh and we have a name!

We are six months pregnant! It's exciting to be this far along! Only 105 days left. Time seems to definitely be flying. Thebump.com's explanation of Baby Madson this month is: Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.


We have finally decided on a name. We actually already knew what we were going to name Baby Madson, it was just a matter of the spelling. Baby Madson will be Harli Grace. Harley was Kory's grandfather's name and Grace was my great-great aunt's name. I was named after her and my grandfather; she was Grace Kelly and he was Emmet Kelly. Too bad neither of them were the famous names! Since my mother changed the spelling of my name ot be more feminine, I wanted the same thing for my daughter. Kory's mom and her sisters' names all end in "i" also, so it will be keeping with tradition on both sides. Kory's mom is very excited we are using her father's name. It was her recommendation in the begining and I LOVED it! Kory really wanted to keep the spelling the same as his grandfather's name, but after we realized the "i" at the end of everyone else's name, he changed his mind. We are very excited to be able to call her Harli Grace more and more instead of Baby Madson.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great name!! I was so excited when we could finally start calling "BabyMort" by her name!!

    ReplyDelete