Monday, July 27, 2009

Baby Madson makes a trip to Pella

Kory and I went to Pella last night because he had to return something to a partner hotel there. Since we had a free stay, we decided to spend the night. We got there around 9p and most of the town was closed up. We were able to find a restaurant that was open. I was more excited for the Dutch letter for breakfast than anything. We had a whirpool suite and had a nice relaxing evening. It was fun to get away for the night, but I wasn't ready to go back to work this morning. We ended up not stopping for Dutch letters because we didn't think we would have time. I guess that means that I will have to have THREE Dutch letters at the Farmers Market this Saturday!

It was a pretty laid back week in the Madson household last week. Kory and I are still trying to get stuff down on the rest of the house so we can start on the nursery. We (well, I think me more than him) are VERY excited to get Baby Madson's room all ready. As each week passes, I realize our time is quickly running out and we are going to parents in no time.

One sad thing that happened this week is I had my beloved flip flops taken away from me. I tripped going up the stairs and landed on my hands and knees but that was enough for Dr Shaw and Auntie Allyson to say NO MORE FLIP FLOPS!! I went out and bought a nice pair of tennis shoes to wear to work. They just aren't my flip flops and I have to get over it and realize I will not be getting them back anytime soon! Baby Madson is ok after her trip up the stairs. Dr Shaw thought I might be going into labor because shortly after falling I had terrible back pain. I was terrified she was right, but after a day and a half I started feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment