Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Baby Madson enjoyed her first 4th of July in Clear Lake. We headed up to Clear Lake bright and early Saturday morning. We got their just in time for the parade. We always sit at the Finnegan's (Kory's parents' friends) which is right on the parade route. There is always a wet bar where Grandpa Gene (Kory's dad) is the bartender. This is the first year I was unable to drink. So instead of downing many Screwdrivers and Bloody Mary's, I chose to eat many cream cheese filled strawberries. Boy were they good!! Kory was kind enough to continue to bring me them when he went to fill up his drink. We sat with the whole Glaser clan and enjoyed scoring lots of candy thanks to all the little kids! After the parade, we headed back to Grandma and Grandpa's house so the boys could get together and leave for the annual Dad and Son golf tournament they play in. Bobbi and I did what we do best and went shopping! After we all met up for a great dinner (thanks to Geno), the boys headed downtown to go to the carnival and Gene, Bobbi, and I hung out at home to watch the fireworks.

In the last week I have developed a nice set of cankles! They are quite the sight...especially after I have been on my feet for a while. Kory has made sure that I sit with my feet elevated so eleviate some of the swelling and soreness. This helps the huge swelling but I have to grips with the fact that I won't be seeing my ankle bones for a while and I'm ok with that!

This is my last week of Baby Madson being a Papya. Weeks 25-28, she will be the size of an eggplant. It's crazy think how big she is getting! These weeks are going by very quickly. In the begining they seemed to drag a little, but I know that's just because we wanted to get back the first 12 weeks and now things were moving along good. Now I can't keep track of which week I'm on because they go so fast. We will get to meet Baby Madson in 16 weeks!! That doesn't seem like much time at all. I think it's about time her mommy and daddy get their butts in gear and get her nursery ready!!

We hope everyone had a safe and wonderful 4th! We have a dr's appt tomorrow morning and will make sure to post an updated tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment